This webinar is complimentary to MBA Members, please use the promo code WEBINAR upon check out.
For Non-Members interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Date:Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
Mortgage Accounting Series Summary:
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as we delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
Session one of this series will introduce attendees to the foundational concepts within mortgage accounting.
- Part I, Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - 3/11/20
- Part II, Loan Level Accounting - Essential For Survival - 3/18/20
- Part III, Hedging For Accountants - 3/25/20
- Part IV, Hedge Accounting and GAAP reporting - 4/8/20
- Part V, Cash Flow, MBS Prices, and IRLC Value - 4/15/20
- Purpose of Accounting
- Measurement & Meaningful Results
- The Mortgage Road: How it Works
- Mortgage Lending Process Flow: How it Fits Together
- Performance Metrics & KPIs
- Operational & Financial Risks
- Regulatory Framework: alphabet soup
- Servicing and Subservicing
- CFPB Bulletins: Capital Impairment Risk
- Operational Infrastructure: Systems the Work
- GAAP - Rules of the Road
- The Audit and your CPA
- Dr. Andy Schell, Ph.D., CPA, CMB, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.