|This session takes a deep dive into the complexity of hedging accounting and the journal entry detail required by GAAP to correctly prepare financial reports for the NMLS and warehouse lenders. This is complex and important session that expands upon the information contained in the three previous sessions. This detailed session is recommended for Controllers, Mortgage Accountants, Secondary Marketing managers, CPAs, and CFOs.
Date:Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM EST
For those interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the Mortgage Accounting series, please use the promo code GROUP15 to receive 15% off.
Mortgage Accounting Series Summary:
The Mortgage Accounting Series webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Mortgage Banking Solutions (MBS), a consulting firm servicing the residential mortgage lending industry. Join us as well delve into the fundamentals and complexities of mortgage accounting. The completion of this series will provide you with the information necessary to master this form of accounting. Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.
- Part I, Drilling into Mortgage Accounting - 3/20/19
- Part II, Loan Level Accounting - Essential For Survival - Wednesday, 3/27/19
- Part III, Hedging For Accountants - Wednesday, 4/3/19
- Part IV, Hedge Accounting and GAAP reporting - Wednesday, 4/17/19
- Part V, Cash and Capital Preservation - Wednesday, 4/24/19
- Review Loan Accounting & Hedging
- Margin Preservation
- SFAS 133 - Off Balance Sheet Commitments
- SFAS 157 & 159 - Fair Value
- Accounting Standards Codification - 815, 820, 825
- MTM, Tax and M&A
- Hedging Journal Entries
- Mandatory Information from Secondary Marketing
- Unintended Consequence of GAAP MTM
- Volume Based Revenue Recognition
- Andy Schell, CPA, CMB, CFF, Managing Partner, Mortgage Banking Solutions
- Theresa Marie, CIO & Managing Director, Strategic Technology & Operations, Mortgage Banking Solutions
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who desires to increase their knowledge of mortgage loan accounting will benefit from this session that is designed for business owners, executive management, accountants, and non-CPA accounting managers.