This webinar is part of MBA Education's "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series with Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Internal audit is much more than quality control, and increasingly, regulators and the Agencies are requiring mortgage bankers to demonstrate that they have either an internal audit function or an outsourced provider for internal auditing. However, many independent mortgage bankers have traditionally not staffed internal audit groups. This webinar will address the key requirements of a sound internal audit program for a mortgage banking company and more importantly, show how a strong internal audit program can reduce business risk, improve profitability, and increase market competitiveness. This webinar includes a large amount of updated information from last year's webinar and complements the separate "Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability" session the following week.
This session will be devoted to companies who are just getting started with internal audit programs or those who are trying to formalize or broaden their existing internal audit programs.
Attendees who register for 3 or more Garrett McAuley webinars in the "Mortgage Banking Management" webinar series are eligible to receive a 10% discount off each webinar registration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive discount.
Thursday, June 20th, 2019
We'll discuss the following during this webinar:
- Steps to start an internal audit function or to improve an existing one.
- How regulated financial institutions use internal audit and why independent mortgage bankers traditionally have not.
- Pitfalls and mistakes in setting up and managing internal audit.
- Important areas that should be subject to internal audit at mortgage banking companies.
- Michael D. McAuley, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
- Joe Garrett, Principal, Garrett, McAuley & Co.
Who Should Attend?
- Mortgage Company CEOs and Bank CEOs.
- Mortgage division managers and mortgage company department managers.
- Internal audit managers.
- Directors of banks and private mortgage companies.
- Bank audit committee members.
- Compliance directors and general counsel.
Mortgage Banking Management Series
The Mortgage Banking Management webinar series is presented in collaboration with MBA Education and Garrett, McAuley & Co. Our goal is to help MBA members increase revenues, control cost and better manage risk. The series includes the following webinars:
1. Ten Things Your Company Must Do in 2019 (January 17, 2019)
2. Mortgage Lending in 2019: What the Heck Do I Do Now? (February 27, 2019)
3. Mortgage Bankers: Should You Join a Bank or Should You Buy One? (Tentative Date: March 14, 2019)
4. Twenty Performance Ratios Every Mortgage Banker Must Know (March 27, 2019)
5. Benchmarking Yourself as a Mortgage Lender (April 11, 2019)
6. Warehouse Lenders: Steps You Must Take in Today's Difficult Market (Tentative Date: May 7, 2019)
7. Introduction to Internal Audits for Mortgage Bankers (June 20, 2019)
8. Using Internal Audits to Detect Risk & Improve Profitability (June 27, 2019)
9. Bank-Owned mortgage Divisions (September 18, 2019)
10. Budgeting and Financial Planning for Non-Believers (October 16, 2019)