|CRE Basics: Appraisal and the Three Approaches to Value - June 2018
Wednesday, June 27th, 2018
Wednesday, July 11th, 2018
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
Wednesday, July 25th, 2018
Please note: There will be no class on Wednesday, July 4th, 2018.
1:00 - 2:30 PM EST
The course is geared to teach individuals new to commercial real estate the components of a commercial property appraisal and develop an understanding of the appraisal process and appraiser ethics and responsibilities. The course will review the four tests required in highest and best use analysis and explore the concepts behind the three approaches to value. The course was designed to assist the commercial real estate underwriter, analyst, originator, servicer, or processor with an overview of the appraisal process and provide guidance in the review of a third party report.
- Identify the four tests used in determining the highest and best use of a commercial property
- Explore each of the three approaches of value
- Review a sample appraisal and learn how the value of a property was determined using the three approaches
- Practice determining the value of a commercial property using the yield capitalization method
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Appraisal Process and Highest and Best Use
- Lesson 2: Cost Approach
- Lesson 3: Sales Comparison Approach
- Lesson 4: Income Valuation Approach and Reconciliation
- Junior analysts
- Loan closers
- Individuals seeking a career in commercial real estate
All CRE Basics courses are facilitated by Gail Griffith, Associate Director, Commercial/Multifamily Education, MBA. Instructors will be announced closer to course start date.
MBA Diversity and Inclusion scholarship opportunities are available for this offering. Click HERE for more information.