CMF: Policy Review & Boiler/Machinery Coverage Overview
Date:Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Time: 2:00-4:00 PM EST
For those interested in purchasing and attending multiple webinars in the CMF Insurance series, please use the promo code GROUP15 promo code to receive 15% off. If member companies are interested in sending multiple people to multiple webinars, please contact Jeff Schummer at email@example.com.
Commercial Insurance Series Summary:
Commercial insurance is a complex and dynamic component of the real estate finance industry. In recognition of the training needs of our members, MBA Education has developed a comprehensive program covering the various elements of commercial insurance. In collaboration with Insurance Advisors LLC and Fortress Risk Consultants LLC, MBA Education will offer 13 webinars over the course of a two year period covering the following four categories:
1) Introductory and OverviewOur goal is for MBA members to develop a better understanding of everything from the fundamentals to the complexities of commercial insurance.
2) Types of Commercial Insurance
3) Commercial Insurance Industry Processes
4) Commercial Insurance Compliance
Policy Review & Boiler/Machinery Coverage Overview Summary:
In this two pronged seminar, industry experts will provide the audience with an overview of how commercial insurance policies are structured, and how to review policies for accuracy. Most commercial insurance policies present the coverage limits, exclusions and governing terms and conditions in a fairly consistent manner. The instructors will provide an overview of how to review policies for accuracy by walking through an insurance policy and explaining where to find the key elements of coverage within a policy.
In the second part of this seminar, we will provide an overview of Boiler & Machinery (Equipment Breakdown) coverage and what this policy is supposed to protect. Time permitting, we will then walk through a policy to identify the key coverage sections and review it for accuracy. As such, the attendees will also be provided with an education on Boiler and Machinery coverage. This coverage is not well understood, even within the ranks of the insurance industry, so this will be a good bonus opportunity to further your knowledge base of a coverage that is often a required coverage by the lending industry!
- Mike McDaniel, President & Owner, Fortress Risk Consultants, LLC
The schedule for 2018 and 2019 is as follows:
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 13, 2018)
- Blanket Property Policy Analysis Insurance (March 27, 2018)
- Builder's Risk Insurance (April 10, 2018)
- Business Income Insurance (June 21, 2018)
- Force Placed Insurance (July 10, 2018)
- CMF Insurance Policy, Review and Boiler/Machinery Insurance (September 5, 2018)
- Overview of CMF Insurance Compliance (October 18, 2018)
- Self-Insurance, Captives and Fronting (November 14, 2018)
- Fundamentals of Commercial Insurance (February 19, 2019)
- Self-Insurance and Reinsurance (March, 19, 2019)
- Catastrophic Insurance (April 16, 2019)
- Ordinance or Law Insurance (June 18, 2019)
- Top Commercial Insurance Issues and Problems (July 16, 2019)
- General, Umbrella, and Prof. Liability Insurance (September 17, 2019)
- Overview of Commercial Insurance Compliance (October 15, 2019)
- Commercial Insurer Ratings and Property Claims (November 19, 2019)
Who Should Attend?
- Real Estate Owners & Investors
- Insurance Directors
- Loan Closers & Underwriters
- Commercial Servicers
- Asset Managers